Transgenic Production Service (TPS)
Facility Homepage: http://www.rrc.uic.edu/tps
Additional Services Available Through TPS
IVIS Spectrum in vivo optical imaging
The Xenogen IVIS® Spectrum from Caliper Life Sciences is an advanced optical imaging system for non-invasive longitudinal monitoring of disease progression, cell trafficking and gene expression patterns in live mice, relying on quantitative detection of light emitted from bioluminescent and fluorescent reporters. The Spectrum can be used in oncology research to follow disease progression, to detect metastasis, and to monitor responses to therapeutic treatments. Other areas of research include: infectious disease, inflammation, metabolic disease, neurology, gene therapy, stem cell biology, cardiovascular disease, immunology, and drug metabolism. Ex vivo imaging of tissues and organs is also possible, as is analysis of light emission from cells in culture. For more detailed information, please visit the IVIS Instrument page or the Caliper Life Sciences Optical Imaging web site. Caliper Life Sciences is now a part of Perkin Elmer.
SPOT Culture kits
Prepare cultures of rodent hippocampal or cortical neurons using SPOT Culture Kits. Each kit contains a cryopreserved neuronal preparation that can be used to establish 25-30 cultures, each grown on an approximately 4 mm spot in the center of a 35 mm plastic dish. The SPOT cultures are suitable for a number of downstream applications. Save time, save money! For more information and to place orders visit the SPOT Culture page.
Services and Resources
- DNA Microinjection
- Preparing DNA for Microinjection: Protocol
- Recommendations for Transgenic Screening
- ES Cell Microinjection
- Preparing ES Cells for Microinjection: Protocol
- Gene Targeting in ES Cells
- Preparing DNA for Electroporation: Protocol
- Recommended Reading
- IKMC - The International Knockout Mouse Consortium aims to mutate all protein-coding genes in the mouse using a combination of gene targeting and gene trapping in mouse ES cells and to make the generated resources readily available to the research community.
- IMSR - The International Mouse Strain Resource is a searchable online database of mouse strains, stocks, and mutant ES cell lines available worldwide, including inbred, mutant, and genetically engineered strains.
- MGI - Mouse Genome Informatics is the international database resource for the laboratory mouse, providing integrated genetic, genomic, and biological data to facilitate the study of human health and disease.
- Cre database - expression and activity data for Cre-containing transgenes and knock-in alleles