The existence of core facilities depends in part on proper acknowledgment in publications. This is an important metric of the value of most core facilities. Proper acknowledgment of core facilities enables us to obtain financial and other support so that we may continue to provide our essential services in the best ways possible.
Intellectual interactions between resource and research scientists are essential to the success of each project. When this success results in publication, a citation in the acknowledgments section of a manuscript is appropriate for routine analysis. However, contributions from resource scientists that involve novel resource laboratory work and insight, experimental design, or advanced data analysis that make a publication possible or significantly enhance its value require co-authorship as the appropriate acknowledgment.
Publications from Studies Performed at CGF
- Lamer JT, Ruebush BC, Arbieva ZH, McClelland MA, Epifanio JM, Sass GG. Diagnostic SNPs reveal widespread introgressive hybridization between introduced bighead and silver carp in the Mississippi River Basin. Mol Ecol. 2015 Jun 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Quartuccio SM, Karthikeyan S, Eddie SL, Lantvit DD, Ó hAinmhire E, Modi DA, Wei JJ, Burdette JE. Mutant p53 expression in fallopian tube epithelium drives cell migration. Int J Cancer. 2015 Mar 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gardeux V, Arslan AD, Achour I, Ho TT, Beck WT, Lussier YA. Concordance of deregulated mechanisms unveiled in underpowered experiments: PTBP1 knockdown case study. BMC Med Genomics. 2014;7 Suppl 1:S1.
- Lamer JT, Sass GG, Boone JQ, Arbieva ZH, Green SJ, Epifanio JM. Restriction site-associated DNA sequencing generates high-quality single nucleotide polymorphisms for assessing hybridization between bighead and silver carp in the United States and China. Mol Ecol Resour. 2014 Jan;14(1):79-86.
- Ma K, Malhotra P, Soni V, Hedroug O, Annaba F, Dudeja A, Shen L, Turner JR, Khramtsova EA, Saksena S, Dudeja PK, Gill RK, Alrefai WA. Overactivation of intestinal SREBP2 in mice increases serum cholesterol. PLoS One. 2014 Jan 20;9(1):e84221.
- Rajasekaran S, Reddy NM, Zhang W, Reddy SP. Expression profiling of genes regulated by Fra-1/AP-1 transcription factor during bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. BMC Genomics. 2013; 14: 381.
- Karpenko O, Bahroos N, Chukhman M, Dong X, Kanabar P, Arbieva Z, Jackson T, Hendrickson W. Galaxy High Throughput Genotyping Pipeline for GeneTitan. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc. 2013 Mar 18;2013:102. eCollection 2013.
- Jayaraman S, Patel A, Jayaraman A, Patel V, Holterman M, Prabhakar B. Transcriptome Analysis of Epigenetically Modulated Genome Indicates Signature Genes in Manifestation of Type 1 Diabetes and Its Prevention in NOD Mice. PLoS One. 2013; 8(1): e55074. Epub 2013 Jan 30.
- Gillis BS, Arbieva Z, Gavin IM. Analysis of lead toxicity in human cells. BMC Genomics. 2012 Jul 27;13:344.
- Chen L, Arbieva ZH, Guo S, Marucha PT, Mustoe TA, DiPietro LA. Positional differences in the wound transcriptome of skin and oral mucosa. BMC Genomics. 2010 Aug 12;11:471.
- Gavin IM, Gillis B, Arbieva Z, Prabhakar BS. Identification of human cell responses to hexavalent chromium. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2007 Oct;48(8):650-7.
- P. Larsen, Almasri E., Chen G., Dai, Y. A statistical method to incorporate biological knowledge for geneerating testable novel gene regulatory interactions from microarray experiments. BMC Bioinformatics, 8:317, 2007.
- I. Gavin, Gillis B., Arbieva Z., Prabhakar B. Identification of human cell responses to hexavalent chromium. Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis 48 (2007) 650-657.
- B. Gillis, Gavin I., Arbieva Z., King S., Jayaraman S., Prabhakar B. Identification of human cell responses to benzene and benzene matabolites. Genomics 90 (2007) 324-333.
- S. Amin, Huang C., Reierstad S., Lin Z., Arbieva Z., Wiley E., Soborian H., Haynes B., Cotterill H., Dowestt M., Bulun S. Parcine-stimulated gene expression profile favors estradiol production in breast tumors. Molecular of Cellular Endocrinology 253 (2006) 44-55.
- Arbieva Z. Uveal melanoma: molecular networks underlying extracellular matrix reorganization and tumor progression. Oral presentation, Beyond Genome, 8th Annual Systems Biology CHI conference, San Francisco, 2006: Presentation.
- Folberg R, Arbieva Z, Moses J, Hayee A, Sandal T, Kadkol S, Lin AY, Valyi-Nagy K, Setty S, Leach L, Chevez-Barrios P, Larsen P, Majumdar D, Pe'er J, Maniotis AJ. Tumor Cell Plasticity in uveal Melanoma: Microenvironment Directed Dampening of the Invasive and Metastatic Genotype and Phenotype Accompanies the Generation of Vasculogenis Mimicry Patterns. Am J Pathol. 2006 Oct; 169(4):1376-89.
- Mi Q, Kim S, Hwang BY, Su BN, Chai H, Arbieva ZH, Kinghorn AD, Swanson SM. Silvestrol regulates G2/M checkpoint genes independent of p53 activity. Anticancer Res. 2006 Sep-Oct;26(5A):3349-56.
- P. Larsen, E. Almasri, G. Chen and Y. Dai, Method for Identifying Gene Interactions in Microarray Data Using Prior Biological Observations. Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) (2006): Abstract.
- G. Chen, P. Larsen, E. Almasri and Y. Dai, Sample scale-free gene regulatory network using gene ontology, Proceedings of the 28th International Conference of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) (2006) pp.5523-5526.
- P. Larsen, E. Almasri, G. Chen and Y. Dai, Correlated discretized expression score: a method for identifying gene interaction networks from time course microarray expression data, Proceedings of the 28th International Conference of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) (2006) pp.5842-5545.
- J. Zapater, W. Zhang, A. Unterman, P. Larsen, Y. Kamei, S. Miura, O. Ezaki, T. Unterman, Effects of FoxO1 on Gene Expression in Skeletal Muscle, American Diabetes Assosication 67th Scientific Sessions (2006): Abstract.
- Donald Lavelle, Tatiana Kousnetzova, Kestis Vaitkus, Peter Larsen, Joseph DeSimone, Exoportin 4, a Potential Amplifier of TGF-beta Signaling, is Increased in Primary Baboon Bone Marrow Erythroblasts Following Decitabine Treatment. American Society of Hematology Meeting, (2006): Abstract.
- Maniotis AJ, Valyi-Nagy K, Karavitis J, Moses J, Boddipali V, Wang Y, Nunez R, Setty S, Arbieva Z, Bissell MJ, Folgerg R. Chromatin organization measured by AluI restriction enzyme changes with malignancy and is regulated by the extracellular matrix and the cytoskeleton. Am J Pathol. 2005 Apr; 166(4): 959-62.
- S. Kachalo, Z. Arbieva and J. Liang (2003) Assessing effect of cross-hybridization on oligonucleotide microarrays. Methods of microarray data analysis III (Papers from CAMDA'02). Edited by Kimberly F. Johnson, Simon M. Lin. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2003, p.185-198
- J. Liang and S. Kachalo. (2002) Computational Analysis of Microarray Gene Expression Profiles Clustering, Classification, and Beyond. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 62:199-216
Return to the CGF Home Page